Monday, March 17, 2014

spring GREEN with envy!!!

hi,

I think I can safely speak for all of us Canadians (and anyone else who is currently experiencing the ongoing effects of a polar vortex), when I say that WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF WINTER!!!

In an attempt to "will" spring to arrive, I keep finding myself drawn to this beautiful shade of green.



I would like to be invited to a party featuring a spring green candy bar! 




And I would LOVE to receive a bouquet of these gorgeous spring green flowers (not even sure what these are - they look like a cross between a ranunculus and a straw flower - but I sure do love them!) 




This image grabbed me because of the sharp contrasts of both colour and material on the 
one hand, and the repetition of both form and texture on the other. 
And, again, it just says "spring is here!" 




This image says "English cottage" to me with its vintage botanical prints and the shabby chic decor. I love the more subdued wall colour (like a ripe, juicy pear) when paired with the 
more intense "Kelly green" of the cushions and foliage. 




Now I realize that this dresser is painted a little more "citron green" than true "spring green," but seriously? How stunning is this piece? I love everything about this image - from the damask wallpaper, to the grouping of cloches, and everything in between. 


Fingers crossed that all of this GREEN inspiration has somehow kicked the last of 
winter in the pants and put spring in motion! 


IMAGE SOURCES
12 345

Until next time, 

Kerry xo 





No comments:

Post a Comment