Friday, February 14, 2014

relishing the RUFFLE

hi,

Happy Valentine's Day! 




I hope that your day has been as sweet as the buttercream frosting on these pretty ruffled cupcakes!

Last week, I found this adorable picture on Etsy, and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind ever since. There are no little girls in my house, but if there were, I would want this three-tiered floral dust ruffle on the crib - sooo pretty and feminine.





And, the more this image kept appearing in my mind, the more I began to see other delightfully ruffled items in my online travels.

Like this picture of one of my all-time favourite flowers, the artfully elegant parrot tulip






Or, on this fabulous dress and clutch (can you tell that I am ready for spring?): 







But, alas, there is still another six weeks of winter (and, at the moment, there is snow/freezing rain outside), so I may just settle for this instead: 





And finally, I've loved the style of this shabby-chic shower curtain (this one was from Anthropologie) for a really long time: 





Do you have a favourite motif, pattern, or design detail that you are particularly drawn to? Hmmm...the more I think about it, the more I realize that I have lots and lots of them, but ruffles are definitely near the top of the list!


Have a wonderful weekend!

Kerry xo 






No comments:

Post a Comment