It is no secret that I love pillows! In fact, before I share some of my latest favourite pillows (so many fabulous motifs, prints, and patterns to show you!), I would like to take a minute to tell you why I think the humble throw pillow is, indeed, an extremely versatile accessory.
Kerry's Top 10 Reasons to ADORE Pillows
- Pillows are small and light (i.e. easily stored if necessary).
- Pillows have the ability to pull an otherwise dis-jointed space together (through colour, texture, or pattern).
- They are available in a multitude of shapes, sizes, materials, colours, prints, and textures.
- Pillows add instant warmth and a layer of softness to a space.
- Pillows are available in a wide range of price points (from economical ready-mades, to pricier custom-mades).
- They are the most highly-coveted items during family movie night (i.e. they serve a practical function in addition to an aesthetic one).
- Adorable non-human members of the family seem to covet them as well (not sure if this is a pro or a con?)
- Pillows can reflect ANY style or mood imaginable.
- They can easily be changed to reflect the season.
- They are just plain PRETTY!
And here are some current patterns, textures, and motifs that I have been seeing lately:
And I could go on and on.....There are hundreds of gorgeous pillows available today in a rainbow of colours. Hmmm...where do we start?
Here are a few of my favourite places to find affordable, contemporary, and just plain pretty, pillows:
Until next time,