Monday, September 24, 2012

a fabulous flair for fall

There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!  ~Percy Bysshe Shelley



Hello, 
While this post is somewhat bittersweet (I never relish saying goodbye to summer) I also look forward to crisp, cool temperatures, the vibrancy of the leaves, and the scrumptious sweets that seem to magically appear in my kitchen. Yum...

And so, with Canadian Thanksgiving right around the corner, I decided to get inspired by some quick and simple projects to make this year's decor "photo worthy." 

1


 2


3 



I made these last fall and they smelled amazing! And SO quick and easy to make. I used a low-temp glue gun to adhere the cinnamon sticks to the candles and then wrapped the linen thread around them just in case (plus, they just look finished that way). 4


5



6 



 7


Oooh! I adore those wooden chargers! 
8


What I love most about these shots are the organic or "natural" elements because:  

A) they are typically easy to find this time of year; B) they are relatively inexpensive if you do have to buy them; C) nature's palette is so complementary; and D) they provide amazing contrast (colour, shape, and texture) against most interior finishes. 

Happy decorating! 
Kerry 




No comments:

Post a Comment