Monday, October 20, 2014

playing with neutrals



Hi, 

On this grey and rainy day (yuck!!!) I thought I would share these photos of a very soft and tranquil space. As you can tell, my client LOVES white. Layers upon layers of white, winter white, off-white, ecru, cream, ivory, bone, eggshell, and vanilla (just to name a few!). She did not have one single bit of trouble convincing me to help her pull this room together. I loved working on this project. 

Want to know a secret for successfully designing an almost completely white room? TEXTURE. Just as we layered in several different shades of white, so we layered in several different, and equally luxurious, textures. Buttery soft leather on the sofa and chair, smooth marble on the coffee table, faux mongolian lamb's fur on the custom round stools (swoon), wool on the area rug, linen on the drapery panels, velvet on the toss cushions, and I could go on...

Here are some pictures of this great space: 

Oh, I forgot a texture in the list above. A faux fur throw in a soft grey provides a
great contrast against the smooth leather of the chair. 


This marble topped coffee table was a great find by the client at Elte. The
sumptuously soft and subtly sparkly area rug is also from Elte


I love adding a contrasting colour to the bottom 1/3 of drapery panels. It really creates a custom look. 


These cute side tables (their short stature means that can easily double as stools) are from CB2.
The table lamp and canvas artwork are from HomeSense .


Love, love, love these completely custom faux Mongolian lamb's fur round stools.
They are so chic, and turned out better than I could have imagined. 


These nesting raffia trays are from West Elm and guess what? They add another great texture to the space. 


The tufted Italian leather sofa and chair are from Elte. I love the nod to Mid Century Design
and the rows of double stitching. It is also superbly comfortable. 


The toss cushions are custom and sewn by the fabulous Lisa Sinclair. I love the
mitred corners on the grey and white linen cushions. That detail just kicks things up a notch. 


The weathered grey finish on the media stand from Structube adds another interesting texture to the space. 


And here's a wider angle view of the room. 


Isn't this space warm and cozy, especially considering the fact that there is so much white? I love how it turned out. What do you think? I'd love to hear your comments. 

Have a great night, 

Kerry 




No comments:

Post a Comment