Friday, July 11, 2014

ooh la la!


Happy Friday! 

I recently had the pleasure of working with a sweet friend who wanted to add some glamour and a pinch of fun to her spare room (aka the "no boys allowed" room!). 

With one wall already wallpapered in a pretty black and white damask, we painted the remaining walls this sophisticated silvery grey - Benjamin Moore 2125-60 - "Marilyn's Dress"




Next, we added a pretty roman blind in a grey faux silk. Thanks to Lisa Sinclair Sewing for the gorgeous (as always!) finished product. 




Gorgeous knobs from Anthropologie (unfortunately, they don't seem to be available any more - but, don't despair, they have loads of other beauties) were added to dress up a simple white lacquered parsons desk.




Jenn picked up an adorable aqua chest and a canvas "Marilyn" print from HomeSense. I love it when my client's have such a keen eye for design! Great job, Jenn!




Here, a full-length mirror (essential in any dressing room) reflects a entire wall of IKEA cabinetry - I would die and go to heaven if I had that much clothing storage in my home!


And, finally, I wanted to add something unique and custom to Jenn's space. I asked my graphic designer friend, the talented Joelle Segal at InBloom Studio, to use fashion quotes to create some art card prints that would coordinate with the theme and colour palette of the space. She did a fabulous job! And, while mirrored frames never photograph very well, you can at least get an idea of how this mini gallery wall turned out.




Here are the fashion quotes that we used on the gallery wall: 

"Over the years, I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it." 
- Yves St. Laurent 

"Playing dress up begins at age 5, and never truly ends." 
- Kate Spade 

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." 
- Marilyn Monroe 


Have a wonderful weekend!

Kerry













No comments:

Post a Comment