Saturday, November 16, 2013

winter wreaths

hi,

I love wreaths. I always have, and I always will. I especially love natural winter wreaths - a daily reminder that, even though most plants are covered in a thick blanket of snow for several months of the year (I do live in Canada, after all!), spring will come again. They also seem to communicate a heartfelt, "WELCOME, please come in and stay a while"sentiment.

Have you ever noticed that wreaths can take on the personality of their "owner?" No, I am not one of those individuals who think other people look like their dogs, but I do think that one's holiday wreath can say an awful lot about a person.

If you think I am crazy, just take a look below.....




THE LINEAR, "TYPE A" PERSONALITY (just like me!!!)




CLASSICALLY ELEGANT. 




MERRY AND BRIGHT 
(this sentiment can also be used to describe an individual's personality - and I am grateful 
to know several women whose demeanour would fit the bill). 




THE COTTAGER 
(who apparently has a strong affinity for power tools!) 




THE "MARTHA" 




THE WINTER FORAGER 




THE TRADITIONALIST 





THE "SAVES HER YARN SCRAPS" KNITTER (also me!!!)


So, what will your holiday wreath/s look like this year?

Have a lovely weekend.

Kerry xo

No comments:

Post a Comment